Weekly Schools Circular
21 September 2018 - Issue 256
The Weekly Schools' Circular contains important news, events and updates on a multitude of issues affecting schools.
Please ensure that your colleagues are seeing the school circular each week - feel free to send them a link to this page.
Articles for the School Circular should now be submitted using the article submission eform. Please make sure that you have read and understood the Weekly School Circular - article submission guidance before submitting your articles.
All articles need to be submitted by midday on a Thursday to enable us to publish the circular every Friday during term time. You can find out more about using the eform in the General Support section.
If you have attachments to go with the article, these will still need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Years Foundation Stage Profile Assessments 2019: Agreement Trialling
Opportunities for schools to ensure their assessments are accurate, reliable and in line with the Standards and Testing Agency national exemplifications. Led by LA EYFS profile moderators.
Speech, Language and Communication Needs - we need to hear from you!
Better Communication CIC is seeking your views on speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) for Derby City Opportunity Area Board.
Urgent Reminder – Action Required: Safety of Boundary Walls, Gates and Fences
This is a reminder to all schools of the need to conduct annual recorded safety checks and pointed topped fence and gate risk assessments on all fences, walls and gates.
Schools Cannot Exclude Pupils With a Diagnosis of Autism
A school cannot exclude a pupil if they have a diagnosis of Autism or a similar condition that is likely to result in a ‘tendency to physical abuse’.
- Phonics in Key Stage One
- Event for Parents/Carers of Children With Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Lloyds Bank Mickleover Branch
- Every Child A Mover (ECAM) Training Autumn 2018
- Florence Nightingale is back!
- Teachers New to the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Autism Interest Group – AIG
- Early Talk Boost Training
- Essential Life Skills Activities for Children and Young People in Derby.
- 0-25 VLS Localities Distribution September 2018
- Derby Research School Programmes 2018-2019
- School Business Managers' Briefing
You can also view the Weekly Schools' Circular Archive