This page has all the sections of the latest SEND handbook.
As sections are updated you will need to replace them in your own SEND handbook. You may also want to read Derby City Expectations of Education Providers.
SEND Handbook Sections
Outcome and Target Setting
- Target Setting section of handbook
- Target Setting - meeting example
- Target Setting - meeting agenda
- Target setting template
- Derby City Outcome Writing Style
The Local Offer
- Derby City Local Offer for Special Needs and Disabilities
- Local Offer Description Guidance for Schools
Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans
SEND Support and EHC Needs Assessment Criteria
ECH Plan Guidance and Forms
- request for EHC assessment form
- Guidance on how to complete a request for EHC needs assessment form
- School Information Form for EHC needs assessment request
- Child or young person's views for EHC - assessment request
- Family Views Form for EHC request
- Umbrella Independent Support Service
- Parents Request Form for Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment
- Young Person's Request for an Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment
- Guidance on completing a parent's or young person's request for an EHC needs assessment
Submit all completed forms with supporting evidence to SENDadmin@derby.gov.uk. If you are unable to forward all of the paperwork electronically then send it by post to:SEN Team, The Council House, 1st Floor, Corporation Street, Derby DE1 2FS
Matrixes of Need
Please note the matrixes of need are currently being reviewed.
Toileting and Continence Policy
Behaviour Provision and Support
SEND School Information Report /Provision Mapping
The Code of Practice requires schools to publish a SEN&D school information report. Paragraph 6.79 details what this report must include.
Derby City Council has produced a SEN&D school information report template for use by schools.
This template should be used as a tool to support in writing your report, it requires you to input your own staffing structure, systems and SEN&D information.
Text in blue indicates school input required.
The report, when completed, should be published on your school website.
SEND School Information Report
In addition the Code requires you to:
• give details of the school’s contribution to the Local Offer and must include information on where the local authority’s Local Offer is published. www.derby.gov.uk/sendlocaloffer
• make data on the levels and types of need within the school available to the local authority.
Supporting Pupils with Medical Conditions
Currently additional funding through 'Top Up' is not available to request. Please do not use old forms to apply for this as it is not available at this time.
How we can support you is being reviewed.
Pupils who have an EHC Plan or Statement can still receive this funding and in some cases it may be awarded whilst an assessment for the above is underway.
Running Reviews and Guidance
Please note the documents in this section are under review
- SEN Statutory Review Planner
- SEN Statutory Review
- SEN Sample Statutory Review
- SEN Year 5 Proposed Transition Review
- SEN Standards for Completing Annual Reviews
- SEN Transition Planner
- SEN Transition Plan
- EHCP Annual Review Form 2015
- EHCP Annual Review Guidance 2015
- This is me. Younger version
- This is me. Older version
Transfer Review meeting take the place of the annual review meeting for children who are having their Statement of Special Educational Need converted to an Education, Health and Care plan.
where you are doing this please:
- Send all relevant reports and documentation is sent to the local authority
- You must not use the ‘old statutory review’ paperwork – this will not be accepted and will be returned to you
- We cannot accept hand written documentation, with the exception of the pupil views form and family views form.You must include the ‘transfer review register’ which indicates when notice was give and who attended the meeting
- Please save documents as word documents and not PDFs
- Use the guidance key to indicate what is from the statement, new or amended.
Remember that the EHCP is a legal document. You can not alter comments from the Statement that describe the child’s needs or a professional advice. Where you think alterations are needed indicate using the guidance Key in the guidance paper work using, Bold, italic and normal font as indicated. If you are adding recent information begin with ‘school report that…’
- Derby City SEND Conversion Plan - Version 3 Feb 2016
- Transfer review 14 week timeline
- Derby City Outcome Writing Style
Please use the following documents to support you in planning for a conversion meeting:
- Invitation to Conversion Meeting template
- Invitation letter to parents for Transfer Review meeting
- Conversion meeting agenda
- Conversion meeting agenda with guidance notes
- Guidance on how to prepare for a conversion meeting
- Transfer Review Register for Conversion Meetings it is essential you return this form indicating when the 14 weeks started.