Learning Platform (VLE)
Benefits of using a Learning Platform:
- Resource sharing for staff and students.
- Anytime, anywhere access for staff, students, parents and governors.
- Improved student engagement.
- Share class learning and work with everyone.
- Central area for links to other software and resources used in school.
- Guided use of the Internet and e-safety within a secure environment.
- Collaboration both within the school and with other schools and organisations.
- Personal and shared school calendars.
- Central resource booking.
We currently provide support for FrogLearn.
FrogLearn is Frog’s new Cloud-based learning platform, which has been built using the latest web technology making it compatible with all modern devices, including iPads, tablets and iPhones as well as the latest versions of Internet browsers.
Enhanced functionality in FrogLearn includes:
- Compatibility with iPads, tablets and iPhones.
- Compatibility with the latest browsers.
- Instant upload of files and photographs from iPads and iPhones.
- Drag and drop editing.
- Site templates for quick and easy site creation.
- User timelines.
- Individual Dashboards.
- Forms, polls and quizzes.
- Ability to embed media.
FrogPlay is games-based software used with FrogLearn. Features include:
- Games-based tasks which can be accessed directly by students or allocated to groups or individuals by their teachers.
- Incentives including rewards, avatars and leagues.
- Instant feedback.
- Stores all scores to help teachers identify gaps in an individual student’s knowledge and allocate further tasks to bridge those gaps.
Learning Platform Support
The support package for all Learning Platforms includes:
- Advice and guidance on choosing the right Learning Platform for your school.
- Implementation and set-up of your Learning Platform.
- 1½ days on-site training.
- Unlimited telephone and email support via the School IT Service Desk.
- Comprehensive on-line help.
- Regular User Group and Meet, Share and Learn Meetings.
- End of Year Roll Over.
Integration with RM Integris to create user accounts and class groups is included with Frog and can be purchased, if required, with itslearning.
If you do not currently have a Learning Platform with the Schools IT Team and would like to see those we offer, please contact our service desk on 01332 640754 or email SchoolsIT@derby.gov.uk to arrange a demonstration or quotation.