Simple. Effective. Free. Yes, it’s FREE!
Sophos Home protects every Mac and PC in your home from malware, viruses, ransomware, and inappropriate websites. It uses the same award-winning technology that IT professionals trust to protect their businesses. Best of all, you can manage security settings for the whole family from any browser.
Sophos Home is free for everyone who uses a Mac or PC at home; Pupils, Parents, Staff, and Governors. Please feel free to distribute this information to anyone who has contact with your school.
To find our more and download your free version, visit the Sophos website.
Introducing Sophos Central
Sophos have upgraded their Enterprise Console, to Sophos Central.
Sophos Central is a unified security platform that enables you to manage your endpoint, mobile, server and web protection from a single console. You can choose the capabilities you need now, and add others as and when you want them in the future.
Benefits of migrating from Sophos Enterprise Console to Sophos Central
Here are a few of the benefits of moving from endpoint protection managed by Sophos Enterprise Console to Sophos Central:
Sophos Central saves you time and money
No more management servers to maintain and update
Sophos Central is simpler to manage
User-based policies and unprecedented visibility via a web-based interface
Sophos Central managed Endpoint Protection provides enterprise-grade security
The same next-generation endpoint protection found in our on-premise solutions
Sophos Central keeps you current and grows with your business
Instant access to the latest features and products, all managed from the same console
Build Your Next-Gen Endpoint Protection
The days of straightforward file scanning are long gone. Your goal is now to prevent threats from reaching your devices, stop them before they run, detect them if they have bypassed preventative methods, and not just clean up malware, but analyse and undo everything it does to your endpoints.
Sophos Intercept X uses multiple layers of technology, allowing you to create your own tailored next-generation endpoint security solution.
Please read the Sophos Intercept-X leaflet for more information.
Sophos Certified Administrator Course
This course is designed for technical professionals who will be administering Sophos End-user Protection and provides the skills necessary to manage endpoints that are standalone or part of a Microsoft Active Directory network.
The course is available either online or as an instructor-led classroom course.
It consists of presentations and practical lab exercises to reinforce the taught content, and electronic copies of the supporting documents for the course will be provided to each trainee through the online portal.
The course is expected to take 2 days to complete, of which approximately half will be spent on the practical exercises.
On completion of this course, trainees will be able to:
- Recognize the main technical capabilities of End-user Protection and its benefits
- Identify the solution components and understand how they interact
- Use Sophos Enterprise Console to configure End-user Protection
- Deploy End-user Protection to clients
- Manage alerts using Enterprise Console and the endpoint client
- Backup and restore the system
- Gather information that will assist investigation by Sophos Support
- Locate and use additional online resources
For more information, please see the Course Overview Enduser Protection Administrator leaflet.
Sophos Endpoint Protection Advanced
There are two types of installation available: ‘Sophos Endpoint’ and ‘Sophos Enterprise console’. Sophos Endpoint is installed locally on each device whereas Sophos Enterprise Console is installed on a server and gives you visibility of devices on your network, allowing them to be managed from a central location.
Key features within Sophos Endpoint Protection Advanced
All features listed below are included in the current Sophos Endpoint licence price and are accessible should you wish to use them:
- Anti-Virus - Sophos protects Windows, Mac, Linux, UNIX and virtual machines.
- Web security - Scans for malware and blocks malicious web sites.
- Web filtering - Gives you full visibility and control of web activity.
- Device control - Manages the use of removable storage devices such as memory stick etc, allowing you to block access.
- Application control - Blocks unauthorised applications like Instant Messenger.
- Data control - Monitors data transfers so you can control what users do with sensitive data.
- Patch assessment - Scans computers for critical patches to stop malicious threats.
- Client firewall - Block hackers and prevent intrusions.
- Management - Simplified security management all in one console. This can be installed on your server and offers visibility of devices on your network.
- Microsoft Exchange protection - Antivirus and anti-spam protection for your Microsoft Exchange servers.