Derby Virtual School – Training Available, for Staff in Secondary Schools
After fantastic feedback when this course ran in October, the Virtual School is once again offering places on:
'The Rage to Feel Alive: How to Connect, Empathise and Work With Challenging Adolescents'.
This is being delivered for us by David Taransaud, a psychotherapeutic counsellor, consultant, author and trainer. We welcome applications from all Derby secondary schools, whether or not you currently have any looked after children in school.
The course is taking place on:
Friday 25 January 2019
9.30am to 4.00pm
Pride Park Stadium
The course will cover:
- How to access, navigate and negotiate the complex inner world of challenging adolescents
- How to understand and work with non-verbal communication
- Innovative strategies to re-awaken attachment needs and bypass the protective walls that young people have built around their shame and hurt
- Tools and techniques to safely connect and communicate with 'hard to reach' teens and help them explore their experiences
- An understanding of how our own untended wounds and unmet needs can impact upon our interventions
- How to support challenging youths develop new and healthier patterns of relating and return to a more flexible way of living.
Booking a place
If you would like to book a place, please contact Liz Williams, Project Support Administrator, on 01332 640342 or email email@example.com.
This training is free to attend, but if you book a place and then don't attend, and you haven't cancelled your place beforehand, we may charge a fee to your workbase.
We look forward to hearing from you!