Property Design and Maintenance offers a comprehensive package that will provide the necessary maintenance and professional advice to ensure compliance with current legislation and guidance.
Our role covers the following:
- As a professional adviser we offer the best advice and available options
- we act as Corporate Landlord and by law ensure compliance with current legislation and regulations
- we appoint, manage and monitor the contractors to perform routine maintenance, periodic inspections and servicing tasks
- we design, procure and project manage maintenance, refurbishment and new build schemes.
Only fully qualified, competent employees or contractors who have passed the Derby City Council competency requirements will be employed to carry out all servicing.
We will tell you about any repairs, identified during servicing, that you need to order.
What is included in the Schools Package?
The package includes one annual planning visit and a termly visit from your allocated surveyor to plan and prioritise your maintenance requirements.
We will carry out servicing on a rolling programme throughout the year as agreed with you.
Your surveyor/engineer will ensure that work is correctly specified and procurement rules are adhered to on all work undertaken, and that the work complies with Derby City Council’s strict codes of practice.
You will also be given access to the Property Services Portal via a simple registration procedure. Access to this portal will provide you with overviews of your planned and reactive maintenance. For more about the Property Services Portal and how to register visit our Property Services Portal webpage.
Why Choose Derby City Council?
By choosing us we can offer you:
- Benefits of a multi-disciplinary organisation and support network
- 24/7, 365 days a year locally-based helpline for reporting day to day maintenance and emergencies
- Professional advice on maintenance and servicing related issues
- Management of day to day building, electrical and mechanical maintenance
- Management of equipment and appliance servicing
- Management of legislative compliance
- Project management providing professional advice, design and procurement
- Management of BMS systems, including hosting.
Statutory Inspections and Servicing
Statutory inspections, service and monitoring includes the following areas:
- Boiler and gas fired heaters – including biomass boilers and combined heat and power plant
- Boundary wall and fence lay surveys
- Electrical safety
- Emergency lighting
- Fire safety equipment
- Gas soundness testing and installation inspections
- Internal PE equipment