- Derby Local Leaders Governance Application Form
- Governor Support Service User Survey 2015 - How Well Are We Doing?
About Governor Support
The Governor Support Team is part of the Quality, Standards and Performance Team within the Learning and Inclusion Department of CYP. Jayne Hadfield is the Governor Support Manager and Elaine McLean is the Governor Support Officer. We work closely with all the Senior School Improvement Officers as it is important that Governor Support is seen to be hand in hand with School Improvement and is not an extra requirement.
For all schools, regardless of whether you have bought a package from us, we will:
- check draft Instruments of Government when governing bodies wish to reconstitute/change their membership and arrange the legal sealing thereafter
- appoint LA governors - this includes taking into account the criteria specified by those governing bodies who have reconstituted under the 2012 regulations
- offer training that can be accessed on a Pay As You Go basis
- arrange Emergency Clerking if requested
- arrange bespoke school or cluster based training.
Training is available to all governors and clerks. Please see the Annual Training Programme for Governors 2016-2017 for details. Here is the Quality, Standards and Performance, School Improvement, Governor Services and NQTs Charging and Cancellation Policy March 2017.
A Training Feedback Form is available to complete following any attendance on courses. This should be given to your Training Link Governor and fed back to the Governing Body at the next meeting under the training item on the agenda.
If you wish to discuss your training requirements or Sold Service subscription at any time contact Jayne on 640364 or Jayne.email@example.com
Succession planning in a governing body is important, as in any organisation, for the stability and progress of the enterprise. This revised and updated edition of the National Coordinators of Governor Services (NCOGS) document Succession Breeds Success is aimed at assisiting governors in managing the process in a positive and constructive way so that governance and the leadership of the governing body are strong and effective in holding the school to account.
Governing Body Minutes
Please send copies of your minutes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to your Governing Body
Please use the Governors Notification Form to advise us of any changes to your governing body.
How to Contact Us
The Governor Support and Improvement Team comprises:
- Jayne Hadfield, Governor Support Manager
Tel: 01332 640364
- Elaine McLean, Governor Support Officer
Tel: 01332 640345
Jayne and Elaine also look after the generic governor email boxes as well.
School Improvement and Governor Support: Every School Good or Better
Contact us: 640364 | 640345