Welcome to Finance - Proud to Support all Schools.
The Schools Finance Team have been supporting schools for over 18 years and are rated No. 1 sold service package by Derby Schools, our unique blend of on-site support and detailed school finance knowledge has resulted in the team being able to evolve with the times and constantly be at the forefront of support for Derby Schools.
As well as operating a highly successful sold service the team has a number of statutory services they must fulfil, giving Derby schools the confidence in our knowledge and understanding of school’s financial issues and the constant impact from a changing political landscape.
Our statutory duties include:
- Maintenance and development of the school’s funding formula/financial regulations and scheme for funding schools (the financial framework between maintained schools of Derby and the Local Authority (LA) that underpin the financial governance arrangements within schools.
- Completion of the school’s budget grant returns.
- Production and publication of school budgets and distributing formula and devolved allocations to schools.
- Representing schools on working groups and liaise with External Audit on schools year-end and school issues.
- Introduction on Financial Procedures for new and acting heads.
- Preparation of year-end financial statement of accounts, complete yearly Teachers Pensions Agency returns and ensure schools comply with capital accounting regulations.
Finance is a complex issue and our team of Chartered and Certified Accountants plus our Qualified Accounting Technicians are committed to giving schools a professional accounting experience.
Working with us not only ensures that both your governors, headteachers and senior school staff comply with the their financial responsibilities, be able to demonstrate robust financial controls and uphold the governance of the school, it allows your school to focus on what is most important, your children.
We look forward to hearing from you.